CHILLI & GARLIC BLACK BEAN SPAGHETTI WITH KING PRAWNS
WHY BLACK BEANS?
Black beans, also called black turtle beans, are legumes, which are very popular in Latin American cuisine. Black beans are great for treating digestive issues because they contain high levels of protein and fiber, making them a “superfood”. Consuming black beans can also aid in the regulation of the body’s blood sugar levels.
Black beans are packed with fibre and protein, which will keep you feeling full and energetic for hours. High fiber foods increase the sense of fullness after eating and reduce appetite, making you feel fuller for longer, which is great if you are trying to loose weight.
The iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, and zinc in black beans all contribute to building and maintaining bone structure and strength.
I was super excited when I discovered the Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti whilst in the supermarket. This spaghetti is organic and naturally gluten free, made from 92% Black Beans and 8% water to create the perfect blend for al dente Black Bean Spaghetti.
The spaghetti itself is very ideal if you don’t have much time to cook, as it only takes up to 6 minutes to prepare.
* 150g black bean spaghetti
* 150g King prawns
* 5 cloves of garlic
* 1 red onion
* 1 medium red chilli
* Handful of fresh basil
* 3 tbls olive oil
* 2 tsp rock salt
* 1 tsp black pepper
1. Firstly you will need to chop your onion, chilli, basil and mince your garlic cloves and set aside.
2. In a heated pan add your olive oil and once the oil has heated up add your onions, garlic and chilli. Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
3. While your onions are simmering place a pan filled with water on the hob and boil. When reached boiling temperature place your spaghetti in the pan and cook for 5 mins.
4. Next you want to add the prawns and basil to the pan with the onions and garlic, let it fry for a minute just to enough time to let the seasonings coat the prawns. As you salt as black pepper.
5. Add the cooked spaghetti to the prawns and toss well. Taste then lastly drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top and serve.