Gnocchi in Cherry Tomatoes & Nduja Sauce with Grilled King Prawns
Gnocchi are a small, dense pasta like tiny dough balls usually made from mashed potatoes (70%), eggs and flour.
Gnocchi can be purchased ready-made from grocery stores or they can be handmade. Their preparation is similar to pasta, as they are cooked by boiling them in water and then they are served with a sauce.
For this recipe I used the Sacla cherry tomato sauce with spicy nduja. The Whole Cherry Tomatoes range launches in Sainsbury’s stores nationwide from June for just £2.30.
The new range is the only pasta sauce to include whole cherry tomatoes.
This is a perfect quick, healthy and easy go to meal for anyone who is restrained with time to make good dinner. Feel free to use your own choice of protein as well.
Enjoy and please leave me a comment if you get to try this delicious recipe!
- 350g Sacla whole cherry tomato sauce with nduja
- 500g Gnocchi
- 200g Fresh spinach
- 250g Raw king prawns
- Handful of fresh basil
Dry seasoning for king prawns:
- 1/2tsp garlic granules
- 1/2tsp black pepper
- 1/2tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2tsp dried parsley
- First combine all the dry seasonings together. Then sprinkle onto the washed and patted dry king prawns with a little drizzle of olive oil. Set aside for 10 mins while you prepare your gnocchi.
- In a pan bring water to a boil then add the fresh gnocchi with a pinch of salt and allow to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes remove the gnocchi from the water and set aside to be put in the sauce.
- Using new pan, pour the contents o the Sacla cherry tomato sauce in the pan and heat up.
- To the tomato sauce add the spinach, fresh basil and cooked gnocchi and allow the flavours to marinade on a very low heat for 3 minutes, season to taste, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- While the gnocchi is simmering away you need to cook the king prawns.
- Using a cast iron griddle, heat up the pan on high heat. Add the king prawns one at a time and grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Once the prawns are ready you can begin to serve. In a lovely pasta bowl add your gnocchi and then top with the king prawns. Feel free to sprinkle a teaspoon of Parmesan, chilli flakes or just some extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!