DILL, CHILLI LEMON SPICED SEA BREAM
Ready in 45 minutes (15 mins prep & 30 mins cook)
Serves 4 people
This is a simple yet delicious dish that we have as a family at least once a week with various side dishes. Not only is the marinade delicious but it’s also very quick to make and can literally be used with any fish or seafood of your choice.
We tend to have his with a salad on days where we want to eat light, some grilled plantain or homemade baked sweet potato fries.
The main ingredient in this dish is fresh dill, I’ve starting used dill a lot recently and have found some health benefits that will encourage you to use it over and over again.
Dill weed is a good source of calcium, iron, manganese and as an antioxidant food, its flavonoids provide anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties that give it a whole host of incredible health benefits.
* Large handful of fresh dill weed
* 4 cloves of garlic
* Half an onion (brown onion)
* 2 tsp of dried habanero chilli flakes
* 2 tbls olive oil
* 2 whole lemons
* 2 tsp rock salt
* 4 whole sea bream fishes (or any other choice of fish)
1. First start by prepping your fish, you will need to wash it and then make 2 - 3 scores on each side. Scoring the fish will ensure that the is full of flavour down to the depths of the flesh. Once washed and scored lay aside on a baking dish ready to be marinated. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees.
2. Peel your onion and garlic. Using a pestle and mortar grind these until they turn into a thick paste.
3. Add olive oil to the garlic and onion paste then mix in all the other dry ingredients. Take the dill weed and chop, you can do this by also using a scissors and cutting the dill. Mix the ingredients thoroughly then squeeze in the juice of 1 whole lemon and stir again.
4. Coat the the fishes with the paste and allow to marinade for about 20 minutes for optimum flavour.
5. After 20 minutes place each fish on a flat baking tray lined with baking paper. Slice 1 lemon thinly and inside 2-3 sliced lemons into the belly of each fish.
6. Bake the fish for 15 mins on each side at 200 degrees heat.
7. When the fish is golden brown on each side, remove from baking tray and enjoy with your choice of side.