Nut & Raisin Granola
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 1 liter jar
Making your own granola at home is not only cost effective but so much better for you. You can really do without all the added preservatives, and the funny ingredients that you and I cannot pronounce. Another benefit of making it at home is that you can tailor it to your taste, add or leave out anything you don’t want in it and the cherry on top is that it’s so easy to make. Make yourself a batch and store away.
* 3 Cups of whole rolled jumbo oats
* 1 cup of shaved almonds
* 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
* ½ cup coconut flakes
* 1 cup seedless raisins
* 3 tbls coconut oil
* 3 tbls honey (you can substitute this for agave nectar / maple syrup for vegans)
* Pinch of salt
1. Add the coconut oil, honey and salt in hot pan and allow the ingredients to melt until they reach a runny consistency.
2. Heat the oven at 150 degrees and line two baking trays with baking paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients together and thoroughly mix together. You want to ensure all the coconut oil and honey mixture is perfectly massaged into the oats.
4. Tip the coated oats into the baking trays, spread evenly and bake for 15 minutes. Once cooked leave to cool for 20 minutes and then place in a large storage container.
The granola can be stored in a airtight container for up to 1 month